UNIVERSITY OF BENIN 2016/2017 ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE - SUPPLEMENTARY
Scored a minimum of 200 marks in the 2016 UTME for all courses except those for which higher benchmarks have been specified in the University Website.
Obtained at least five (5) credit passes at GCE O/L, SSCE, NECO, or their equivalent. The subjects must include English Language, and Mathematics (for courses for which a credit in mathematics is required) as well as three other relevant subjects at not more than two sittings, except for the MB.BS degree for which only one sitting is required. (four if excluding mathematics)
All candidate who chose the University of Benin as their first choice in the 2016 UTME examination and scored a minimum of 200 marks, but failed to meet the benchmarks for their chosen courses are hereby invited to apply to the University to consider them for admission into courses for which vacancies exist.
Such Candidates who are asking for discretionary placement are required to pay an administrative fee of #3000 (three thousand Naira) only.
Please Note that the application for Screening at any point in time does not translate to an automatic admission as the admission process remains subject to screening results as well as available slots in the University approved quota.
THE SECOND BATCH OF SCREENING STARTS ON MONDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2016. FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT HAVE A DATE BY SATURDAY 24TH SHOULD CHECK FOR YOUR SCREENING VENUES / DATES ON FRIDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER FOR THE NEXT SCREENING SESSION THAT STARTS ON 4TH OCTOBER 2016.
Application for The University of Benin PRE-ADMISSION SCREENING SUPPLEMENTARY takes place here.
Candidate must fulfil the following criteria: Those making this application must still recall these benchmarks.
Eligible candidates should click on Register For Application
to proceed if you are applying for the first time or else login with your application id and password to continue if this is not your first visit.
UNIBEN is aware that several candidates had earlier registered for the previously scheduled Computer Based Admission Screening Exercise which was subsequently cancelled by the Federal Government.
For such candidates, they would not need to make any further payment in order to register for this Pre-Admission Screening exercise.
They are simply to login with their credentials and provide their WAEC /NECO / Other equivalent examination results.
For those candidates who are registering for the first time, the University will charge a fee of #2,500.00 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira) only for this screening exercise.
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR NEW APPLICATIONS
The procedure for the 2016/2017 Admission Screening application for this supplementary application is as follows:
Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process.
- Visit www.uniben.edu Click on Student Portal
- Click on UNIBEN ADMISSION SCREENING 2016/2017
- Click on Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
- Enter your Surname Exactly as written on the JAMB Registration slip, and JAMB Registration number. Immediately, your ID and Password will be displayed on the browser
- Back On uniben.waeup.org click on 'Login' (top right of the front page).
- Enter your username and the password to login.
- To start the application process, please click on 'Application record' and provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Upload a Recent and clear 1” x 1” COLOURED passport photograph with red background in JPEG format only.
NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the University of Benin. FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION and failure/forfeitures of admission.
If you had a previous application record it will be recalled including your passport photograph
- To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of the page, then click on “College Pay” on the top left corner of the page, follow the instruction to pay the application fee of N 2,500:00; excluding Interswitch and Portal Services charges with an ATM-Enabled Verve or Master Card from any Commercial Bank
- Select Your Second Choice Course. Note that the University as earlier stated reserves the right to discretionally make use of thos information..
- Print out an acknowledgement slip that contains the screening schedule.
Candidates should go back on-line at a later date to check for the Day, Venue and Time for the face - to - face Screening Exercise. Check on Saturday 24th September 2016
Candidate are to come to their screening centres with the following: